"Easy-to-read" information is available in German.

Jump to content | Jump to help navigation | Jump to main navigation | Jump to sub navigation | Jump to services | Jump to search | Jump to hotline | Jump to footer

  • Switching to easy reading
  • Change font size
  • Contrast view normal
  • Contrast view black-yellow
  • Contrast view blue-white
Very Highly Qualified Workers Your guide to the Job Seeker Visa & residence permit for Very Highly Qualified Workers. Very Highly Qualified Workers
Shortage occupations The Red-White-Red Card for Skilled Workers in Shortage Occupations. Skilled Workers in Shortage Occupations
Other key workers You already have a job offer? Find out how to apply for a Red-White-Red Card. Other Key Workers
Start-up founders You have developted an idea for an innovative product and want to realize it in Austria? Start-up Founders
Graduates Taking up employment after your university education in Austria. Graduates of Austrian universities and universities of applied sciences
Family reunification How to bring your family to Austria. Family reunification
EU Citizens Living and working in Austria for EU citizens. Mobility of EU citizens and their family members within the EU

Welcome to the Federal Government‘s official information website on migration to Austria!

Austria's flexible immigration model, the Red-White-Red Card, offers qualified third-country workers and their family members a single permit for working and settling permanently in Austria.

On these pages, you can find important information on the Red-White-Red Card, on general immigration requirements and on Austrian working and living conditions.

Use the points calculator to check whether you would fulfil the admission criteria!

Note on the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2)

In order to prevent the spread of the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2), the residence authorities in Austria will remain closed for personal service until further notice. At present you cannot apply for a residence permit (e.g. Red-White-Red card) in Person!

At the Austrian embassies there are also no personal services at the moment. No applications for visas or residence Permits are accepted (exception: relatives of Austrians or EU citizens).

You will find further information on the website of the Federal Ministry of the Interior.

Help navigation: