"Easy-to-read" information is available in German.

Jump to content | Jump to help navigation | Jump to main navigation | Jump to sub navigation | Jump to services | Jump to search | Jump to hotline | Jump to footer

  • Switching to easy reading
  • Change font size
  • Contrast view normal
  • Contrast view black-yellow
  • Contrast view blue-white

Types of immigration

In this section you will find information on immigration to and residence/settlement in Austria. The target groups are diverse: EU- and EEA- citizens, third-country nationals as well as their family members.

  • The chapter on mobility within the EU addresses EU- and EEA-citizens including their families and provides information on possibilities for obtaining a residence permit in Austria.
  • In the chapter on permanent immigration you can learn all about the Red-White-Red Card. According to the regulations of this flexible immigration scheme, individuals planning to live and work in Austria can apply for a Red-White-Red Card if they meet certain criteria. These criteria are translated into a points system. A points calculator helps you determine whether you meet the required criteria.
  • Here you will also find information about settlement permits for researchers, artists and special cases of dependent gainful employment as well as family reunification.
  • In the chapter on temporary residence you will find information on residence permits for intra-corporate transferees ("ICT"), third-country nationals holding a residence permit intra-corporate transferee from another Member State ("mobile ICT") hired out workers, certain cases of dependent gainful employment (Au Pair), self-employed persons, researcher-mobility, pupils, students, social service workers and volunteers.
  • The chapter on fixed-term employment addresses individuals who are planning to work in Austria for a fixed period of time, as well as undertakings hiring out or posting workers to Austria.

Help navigation: